Friday, July 29, 2011

12U Fast Pitch Softball




All this week, my middle granddaughter (Autumn Woods) has been up in Washington, DC playing in the NSA Nationals Tournament for 12U Traveling Fast Pitch softball. Her team lost their first game in the actual "it counts" part of the tournament yesterday and then battled back to get to the final 4. Unfortunately, they lost their second game this morning (double elimination), so they ended up in 4th place. Still pretty darn good out of a field of 17 teams. I didn't have a photo of her in this team's (Galaxy Red) uniform so I used a photo of her from a couple of years ago when she was on the Triple Threat Lady Tigers (10U) and they won the Pony Nationals up in Delaware. Eileen and I went to that tournament and it was quite the show!

Congratulations to you, Autumn, and to Galaxy Red for their fine tournament play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your granddaughter and the team! She's quite a cutie, Ed. Takes after Eileen? :)

Ed of Chesapeake said...

Ooooh, cut me to the quick! Actually, takes after her momma. It's a good thing that she didn't take after me. She is such a sweet girl - just like her momma.